Background noise suppression is a feature that automatically detects and blocks background noise and non-voice sounds from your environment, which enables better clarity and concentration for team communications. Background noise from keyboard typing, pets, family members, papers rustling, air conditioning, music, etc. can all impede the outcome of a team meeting.
Have you ever joined a conference call with distracting noise being introduced from a caller’s line? Typically, after the first 5 awkward minutes of the meeting, you finally tell the participant that you are having trouble hearing them over the background noise. Fast-forward another 5 minutes after they have finally figured out how to turn the air conditioning off and the meeting continues. In team meetings, background noise can significantly hinder a meeting’s progress and cause stress for the individual participants.
Ineffective conferencing scenarios, such as the one described above, are far too common with remote and hybrid work schedules. This is why Compunetix is pleased to announce the development of ADAPTIVE Background Noise Suppression (BNS). Noise suppression technology itself is not new, but in a conferencing atmosphere there is an endless list of variables that complicate its application. For example, applying background noise suppression to ALL participants indiscriminately across an entire a conference call can degrade the overall audio experience of the conference. Our goal is to suppress background noise, or remove non-voice sounds, in order for participants to only hear other participants, creating a clear, clean audio experience.
Our new background noise suppression enhancements, that we recently put into development, will automatically detect and filter out the ambient noises and non-voice sounds that frequently disrupt conferences. The Summit Olympus system software will be modified so that our ADAPTIVE Background Noise Suppression (BNS) can be provisioned on a conference level and then controlled per participant by operators using the Global Operator Client. Operations will also have a visible indicator for active BNS lines, allowing them to proactively monitor conferences for unparalleled audio experience.
Summary of ADAPTIVE Background Noise Suppression (BNS) Benefits:
- Improved audio quality in noisy environments
- Increased team participation and collaboration leading to more efficient meetings
- Enhanced speech recognition and clarity in voice-based communication systems
- Increased intelligibility of audio signals, reducing the need for repetition or clarification
- Enhanced customer experience in call center and other voice-based applications
- Reduced background noise and distractions, improving focus, clarity, and productivity
- Increased comfort and reduced fatigue for users in noisy environments
- Improved audio signal-to-noise ratio, allowing for more efficient transmission and storage of audio data
If you would like more information, or to schedule a live customized demonstration, contact your Compunetix Sales Account Manager to get additional details.