For energy and utility companies, meeting recovery time objectives (RTO) during an outage is key to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of their customers. In these situations, having a critical conferencing infrastructure available is a must for business continuity. Compunetix reliable conferencing solutions eliminate the need to spend time and valuable resources resolving the issue one department at a time. With Compunetix, it is easier than ever for energy and utility providers to manage a crisis or outage and share important information efficiently and effectively.
Here are just a few ways our Emergency Conferencing & Notification systems can help to enhance overall response efforts:
- Improve response times, minimizing monetary and other damages
- Improve future processes with automatic call recording (optional)
- High quality and reliable audio connections
- Guarantee system uptime with high availability options, regardless of outside circumstances (natural disasters, carrier outages, etc.)
- Utilize existing telephony and network infrastructure
- Blast Dial Out to emergency personnel (internal & external)
- Voice Notification – pre-recorded messages (scheduled or un-scheduled) distributed to crucial response groups
Blast Dial Out
In the event of an outage, a designated response person will dial a dedicated number which tells the system to create a conference and triggers a blast dial-out to the other members of the response team. Each team member is then joined directly to the emergency conference in progress, or, if configured, team members are prompted to join before being added.
- Automatic blast dial to a list of emergency personnel
- Supports an unlimited number of emergency groups
- Up to 3 dial-out phone numbers per person
- Phone number mapping to an emergency group, requiring no user input to initiate an emergency conference
- Blast dial initiated when first person dials in (based on dialed number), no additional user input required
- Can support multiple emergency incidents simultaneously on both SIP and PSTN telephony.
Another powerful function of the emergency blast dial feature is its ability to deliver a pre-recorded message to specified groups. From quickly notifying affected customers to important internal notifications, this feature makes it easy to get crucial messages out to customers and large groups in a matter of minutes.
- Group dial out and notification to a list of specified personnel or affected customers
- Recorded message can be pre-scheduled or distributed at a moment’s notice
- Can direct unique messages to different groups
- Up to 3 dial out phone numbers per contact
- System can leave messages with recorded notification for those who do not answer the incoming call
- Emergency Notification initiated when first person dials in (based on dialed number), no additional user input required
ConferenceContinuity™ is Compunetix’ high availability offering, which includes a dedicated, stand-alone server that integrates with your platform and provides high availability and disaster recovery in a simple, easy to manage package ensuring that your system will be available under all circumstances.
ConferenceContinuity maximum uptime by proactively detecting failure signatures and switching to a hot standby server to minimize or eliminate user downtime. With its built-in replication, WAN optimization, disaster recovery, automated remediation mechanisms, and data protection capabilities, the ConferenceContinuity Engine provides the most comprehensive protection.
Flexible Deployment Options
On-premises deployments allow the servers to remain within your network and behind your company firewall, enhancing overall security and reliability. If high availability is enabled, servers can be geographically dispersed (DR) to ensure system availability even in the event of a local outage or natural disaster at the primary systems location.
A Private-Hosted deployment allows you to maintain a dedicated solution without the cost or administration of housing the solution at your location. A Standard-Hosted deployment enables usage on one of our multi-tenant systems. With either deployment option, your system will be located at one of our secure co-location facilities.